We promote Responsible Tourism
At Travel Cart, we believe in the long term merits of promoting responsible tourism. Being responsible with tourism fundamentally contributes to the welfare of the environment. Besides, it should uplift the lifestyle of the people affected by tourism activities, in such a way that it only makes positive contributions, rather than bring changes to their cultural or lifestyle dynamics.
How Responsible tourism can contribute.
- Responsible tourism maximizes economic, environmental and social sustainability.
- Paves the way to greater economic benefits for local people, enhances the well-being of host communities and improves their working conditions and access to the industry.
- Involving local people in decision making that could affect their lives and allowing them to tap into possible opportunities add depth and relevance to tourism activities.
- Responsible tourism makes positive contributions to the conservation of natural and cultural heritage, so as to endure the world’s diversity.
- Provides genuine and enjoyable experiences for tourists through more meaningful connections with local people and a greater understanding of the local culture; while gaining deeper insight into social and environmental issues.
- Can bring aboutinclusivenessto physically challenged people.
- Awareness to cultural norms stimulates respect between tourists and hosts; while building pride, confidence and trust.
Responsible tourism should also address:
- Respect for the rights of domestic animals and wildlife. To be treated with respect, emotional sensitivity and respect for species characteristics.
- Should not support; including through tourism products, cultural practices that violate basic animal rights.
- The Travel Cart’s team has a deep commitment to work with others to take responsibility for achieving the economic, social and environmental components of responsible and sustainable tourism!